Time Tracker is a simple web application to keep track of the time people spend on any task within a project.
Think of it as a to-do-list with a clock and every thing done is put inside a project. The time entries can have a task type assigned to them, on which you can variate your billing rates.
Webolize Time Tracker is an application that you run. First you download it and then install it on your Windows (XP, Vista or Server 2003) machine. We believe the downloadable application secure. You can also install Webolize Time Tracker on your web host to make it available from anywhere.
Any modern web browser can access it, including Max OSX users of Safari and Firefox. .
The newest release of Webolize TimeTracker (released 2007-08-04) has new tools to:
- track vendors
- track expenses
- configure expense types (with separate markup multiplier)
Please download and evaluate Webolize TimeTracker Professional today!
And as always, after the evaluation period the Standard (FREE) version that tracks time for departments will keep working! .
- Deduce “changes” and record in db as a “CHANGE”
- Create ability to choose the default version new issues are assigned to when created
- make project nav visible from CreateNewIssue
- Make ProjectNav visible from ViewIssue and EditIssue
- in ProjectNav have a “next” button – which goes to current version being worked on
Category: webolize issuetracker
TRACK FULL (8 hour) day
First suggestion is to make it a policy to track your full day (8 hours) in Webolize Time Tracker. For the time you don’t do anything billable, make up a task code (perhaps Non-Billable) or a project (perhaps Miscellaneous, Administrative, or Computer Repair/Upgrade). That way you will know where your time is going and it will help you focus your time on billable projects.
USE TASK CODES
Assign each time entry you record an appropriate task code. This will save you time, so you won’t have to add notes to every entry (ex. if you have a task code named Design in Flash, you probably won’t need a note).
You can do reporting based on task codes (within a project only, or throught out the system), which will show you what types of tasks brings in the highest revenue. .
- Track everything you do (or don’t do) using <a class="colorbox" href="http://www.webolize.com/time-tracker.aspx”>Webolize TimeTracker. Tracking what you do will immediately change what you do in the future. It will show you hard data of not what you think you (or employees) did, but what you (or employees) actually did.
- Make a “To-Do” List using <a class="colorbox" href="http://www.webolize.com/issue-tracker.aspx”>Webolize IssueTracker. Perhaps the most basic of all “time management” systems ever invented, this time-tested maneuver puts it all on the line, in one place, and helps you focus on one item at a time.
- Delegate. Many business owners accustomed to “doing it all” find this exceedingly difficult. But even if you are a solo operator, you can pass off tasks to others (via outsourcing, for example) to free up time for yourself.
- Analyze how time is spent. Divide the day into small time blocks and record what you (or others) were doing in each block. Compare this to your goals and priorities. Do they align?
- Put a lid on procrastination. Business owners with a “can-do” attitude say that putting things off simply doesn’t work. Even a simple “no” response to something on your to-do list can extinguish that item and let you move on.
- Set clear goals for yourself and your employees. It’s not so much the clock that’s important, but the compass that gets you where you want to go.
Kehrer, Dan (Business.com Editor), “When Time is Money: Keeping Track & Keeping Up”, Business.com, http://www.business.com/directory/advice/employees/workforce-management/when-time-is-money_-keeping-track-and-keeping-up/ .
Category: time saving
We are refocusing on services, therefore we are discontinuing Webolize Time Tracker. While we will try to answer questions about the self-hosted Webolize Time Tracker and Issue Tracker applications, support (bug fixes) will stop on Dec 30, 2009.
What does this mean?
- After 2009, we will not make modifications or fix bugs fixes to the self-hosted server of Webolize Time Tracker
If you have quesitons, please contact us here.
Thank you to the 3,800 of you who downloaded and tried Webolize Time Tracker (self-hosted server version)!
Whether you are a design, law or consulting firm, Webolize TimeTracker will help you:
- track time
- manage costs
- bill clients with better precision
- explain to clients exactly what is billed
<a class="colorbox" href="http://www.webolize.com/time-tracker.aspx#download”>Download Webolize TimeTracker (ver 0.7) for free! .
Category: time saving
Evaluate <a class="colorbox" href="http://www.webolize.com/time-tracker.aspx”>Webolize TimeTracker 1.0 which helps you keep track of where time is spent in your business. .
Category: time saving